|“||We all bear scars, mine just happen to be more visible than most||”|
Celaena Sardothien is considered Adarlan's greatest assassin. She is one of the assassins that Arobynn Hamel took under his wing. She is rivals with her partner, Sam Cortland.
"You will find, Rolfe, that one does not deal with Celaena Sardothien. One survives her." ~ Dorian Havilliard
Celaena Sardothien is extremely beautiful. Celaena has blonde hair with stunning eyes. Her eyes are a turquoise encircled in a ring of gold.
Powers and Abilities
Celaena is skilled in sword fighting, dagger throwing, wall climbing, etc. All the skills necessary to be an assassin.
- Her first love was Sam Cortland who she originally hated before they fell in love, their friendship blossomed during The Assassin and the Pirate Lord. Sadly, the five-part book ends in his death and her capture, causing the events of the next seven books.
- In the Throne of Glass Celaena has a dalliance with Dorian Havilliard, the son of her enemy and the crown prince of Adarlan. But, that ends at the end of the book when she becomes the king's champion.
- Lastly, in the Crown of Midnight, you start to see Celaena and Chaol Westfall form a deeper bond that went past friendship. Chaol struggles between duty and Celaena. Eventually, the two give in to their obvious feelings for each other and they get together. Their relationship, however, ends on a sad and dark note, resulting in conflict between Celaena and Chaol.
- In Throne of Glass, she is given a puppy which she names Fleetfoot.
- In Throne of Glass, Duke Perrington throws her on the floor and forces her to bow in front of Dorian Havilliard.
- Celaena Sardothien is just an alias for Aelin Galathynius.